Los Angeles County Slip and Fall Lawyers
The attorneys at Kaiman, Greene & Associates are committed to helping individuals who have been injured due to a slip/trip & fall accident in Los Angeles County. Slip/trip and fall accidents encompass an area of premises liability law, in which an injury or accident occurs on another’s property, due to an unsafe or hazardous condition that was overlooked or disregarded by the property owner.
These injuries can occur as a result of a fire, explosion, slip and fall, animal attack, or due to poor security.
A slip and fall injury can occur virtually anywhere – at the mall, the grocery store, an acquaintance’s house, an amusement park, construction site, or more. Did you know that if you are injured on another person’s property, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries? It is only fair that the person or entity responsible for your injury should pay for your medical expenses and permanent impairment.
Slip / Trip & Falls: What You Can Do
There are some steps you can take personally, to help to ensure you get compensation for your injury.
- Take pictures of the scene (after all, the conditions may change at a different time of day or after the property owner cleans up, etc.) This will secure evidence of the conditions that led to your injury.
- Make sure the property owner files an accident report before you leave the scene, if possible.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses present; they may prove valuable in proving your case.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel you are not seriously injured, you may have neck or back injuries that will not present themselves until a later time.
- Contact a competent premises liability lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner we can get to work on your case, the better. By acting fast, our attorneys have a better chance of proving the fault of the property owner so you can get compensation for your injuries.