Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys Handling the Full Range of Injuries and Accidents in California
The Law Offices of Kaiman, Greene & Associates is a full-service Los Angeles law firm serving clients throughout California who have been injured due to the negligence of others. Read below about your rights under California personal injury law and the types of accidents and injuries we can help you with, and call our office for a free consultation at 310-789-2030 to discuss your potential claims.
How California personal injury law works
If you have been injured because of the negligence of another, you likely have a claim against the responsible party to pay for the harm done to you. These “damages” include losses such as your past and future medical expenses and lost income for time you missed from work or if you have become temporarily or permanently disabled. You may also recover for harm such as your pain and suffering, emotional distress or mental anguish, loss of consortium and other legally recognized damages.
Even though another party may be liable to you for your damages, obtaining that compensation can be a difficult and challenging process. Whether negotiating a settlement with the insurance company or taking your case to court, the burden is on you as the injury victim to prove that the other party was negligent (breached a duty they owed to you) and caused your injuries. This can be difficult as defendants and their insurance companies will deny that they are responsible. Common tactics include arguing that you are not as seriously injured as you say you are, or that your injuries stem from other incident or pre-existing condition. They will also allege that your own negligence caused the accident, or at least contributed to it. Unless you know how to gather the evidence to prove your case while fighting insurance company tactics, you can wind up getting far less compensation than you deserve, or even none at all.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Kaiman, Greene & Associates have decades of experience looking out for the rights of California injury victims and their families. Let our lawyers fight for you. We handle the full range of personal injury matters, including all of the following:
- Wrongful Death – helping ensure that bereaved family members receive the money necessary to cover funeral and burial expenses and help make up for the loss of a wage earner, homemaker, and invaluable services and companionship of a beloved spouse, parent, child or other family member.
- Auto Accidents – injured by a drunk driver, distracted driver, or a reckless, aggressive or inattentive driver, including uninsured motorist claims.
- Uber / Lyft Accidents – We handle cases involving any injuries involving Ride Share vehicles.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcyclists also have equal rights to share the road with motorists, but their exposure makes them especially vulnerable to catastrophic injury or death after being struck by a motor vehicle.
- Premises Injuries – including slip/trip and fall accidents in grocery stores, restaurants and retail stores, as well as dog bites and animal attacks on public or private property.
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents – pedestrians and cyclists have equal rights to share the road with motorists, but their exposure makes them especially vulnerable to catastrophic injury or death after being struck by a motor vehicle.
- Defective Products – holding product makers accountable for manufacturing defects, design defects, and failure to warn of dangers that result in serious injuries or death.
- Brain Injuries – helping victims of traumatic brain injury (TBI) or head injury get prompt and full medical attention and compensation for the rehabilitation they need to regain brain function and quality of life to the greatest extent possible.
- Burn Injuries – our attorneys understand the immediate costs and long-term medical consequences of burn injuries and fight to see that you are fully compensated for your present and long-term medical care and pain and suffering.
- Medical Malpractice – standing up to doctors or hospitals that fail to perform at the expected level of care and competence, missing diagnoses, making surgical mistakes, and making your condition worse than before.
- Workplace Accidents – making sure you get workers’ compensation benefits to which you are entitled, along with any third party liability claims that may be applicable.
Call Kaiman, Greene & Associates after a California Personal Injury
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another in California, contact the Law Offices of Kaiman, Greene & Associates in Los Angeles for a no-cost consultation regarding your claims for justice and compensation.